Sunday, 7 June 2015

My reading

WALT: make my reading sound like talking.

Task
Create a ‘movenote’ or a 'show me' on the ipad to share your learning.
Take a photo of the book you are reading and record yourself reading one or two pages.
Remember to show your learning - check the success criteria… 
Have you reached your goal?

Success Criteria:
  • I read the punctuation (full stops, commas, exclamation marks…).
  • I scoop the whole sentence with my eyes.
  • I have included a picture of the book I am reading.
  • I read in a clear voice.

How I am going
I read the punctuation
Kerri thinks


I scoop the whole sentence with my eyes.
Kerri thinks


I have included a picture of the book I am reading.
Kerri thinks


 I read in a clear voice. 
Kerri thinks

Reflection

I really like: that I can read using a clear voice.

I think I need to practice: sounding out tricky words and re-read the sentence to help me.

Something that really helped me was: lots of reading to myself.

Kerri thinks
You make your reading sound like talking by reading the punctuation and scooping the sentence with your eyes. Remember to use all your 'fix it' strategies when you get to tricky and unknow words. You can get read for the first sound chunk, you can miss it out and then come re-read and you can use what the story is about to give you clues.

No comments:

Post a Comment