Monday, 14 September 2015

Reading

WALT: summarise by retelling my story in order.

Success Criteria:
  • I can find the beginning middle and end of the story
  • I can record the main ideas, in order
  • I use my summary to help me better understand what I read and to share my ideas.
  • I am starting to think about what might happen next

How I am going

I can find the beginning middle and end of the story
Kerri thinks



I can record the main ideas, in order
Kerri thinks



I use my summary to help me better understand what I read and to share my ideas.
Kerri thinks


I am starting to think about what might happen next
Kerri thinks

Reflection

Summarising by retelling my story in order helps me because: helps me remember my story and it makes sure I understand what read.

It was really hard when: telling the story in order, I always start with the end.

Something that really helped me was: working out new words by sounding them out missing them out and coming back to them.

Something new I learned was: that there are lots of ways to work out tricky words.

Kerri Thinks
You have been working really hard on your reading this term and you are using different strategies to solve tricky and unknown words. I can see that chatting about the book before we read and during reading helps to make sure you understand what you read. I think you retell the ideas in your stories in order (finding the beginning, the middle and the end) and you are practising using film strips to record your ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment